Basic Daily Workout
This is a basic daily workout that everyone can do and gets your whole body working. Focus on good technique and posture. Better to go a bit slower and get it right. Co-ordinate breathing with movement.
10 exercises for 2 minutes each.
- Skipping or star jumps
- Press up then sit up then burpee x 1 each, then x 2 each, then x 3 etc.
- Sanchin kata or Taikyoku #1
- From standing, down on 1 knee, sit down, lay down, turn through 360 degrees on your back without pushing with feet or elbows, stand up . Repeat
- Kiba dachi. Keep good posture. Hands out shoulder level. Palms facing forward.
- Kihon kumite (as far as you know and repeat as necessary) or basic kick punch combination ( left snap kick, left jab, right cross, right roundhouse kick)
- Kicking combination. Left snap kick ( forward), left side kick ( to your side), left back kick (to your rear). Change sides
- Hand technique combination. Left sanchin dachi, left gedan berai, right chudan uchi uke, left chudan soto uke, right jodan uke, 3 x punch ( jodan, chudan , gedan) 3 x morote tsuki (gedan, chudan, jodan). Change stance other side.
- Shadow boxing. Keep light on your feet and keep moving.